Now a days, most of the New Age Recruitment Firms are having a Mobile App apart from the Browser based application. There are many advantages to this and it is worth to ensure that maximum features are provided in the mobile app. Some of the same are enumerated below:
1. It will keep a better tab of the user identification from the App. It is always easier to track the mobile device as compared to a Browser as the number of parameters required for the App is much lesser. Also if any additional Value Added services are provided it is easier to track and control their use.
2. It will enable the Job Seeker to update the CV in a timelier manner. Particularly in the IT industry people do slog out for most of the time during the weekdays and even during Weekend. So there is not much of time left for them to again sit and update the CV. But with mobile App people can do the same sitting in a Metro or in the Traffic Jam.
3. From the App it is easier to monitor how actively the person is searching for his New Job based on his email activities. We can keep a tab on how many time he is uploading the CV from the Mobile device to record this information. Using this we can assign a score to him/her and project the CV accordingly to the employer with more information.
4. When people spent time in the shopping Mall and other hangouts their desire to acquire more luxuries in life increases. So will be the desire for a better paying job which will enable him to improve his lifestyle. So the chances of Job Search and application can also be increased if we allow him a tool at his hand from which he can do the same on the Go.
5. As Video resume is becoming the New Game changer, mobile device can help the job seeker to record his Video resume in a picturesque setting rather than the mundane backdrop of his home. This is truer for young bachelors who might not feel comfortable to show the place of his stay to the prospective employer because of obvious reasons.
6. It is easy to scan through the email addresses stored in the mobile devices and send promotional mails to them for registering CVs on the App or the Site.
7. Last but not the least Smartphones are becoming omnipresent everywhere and expectedly 284 million people will own a smartphone with 3G or above internet connection by 2017 (According to a study by KPMG and IAMAI) one cannot really ignore this market. Also this is the only way to reach the rural youth as mobile internet is the most popular mode of communication there.